Old Administration Building was being built from 1875 to 1878. The building project coordinator was Ferdinand Kren, an industrialist from Čačak, who conducted the works with Jevrem Savić, a bricklayer. It is assumed that the project was set up in the Ministry of Construction of the Principality of Serbia. The building was designed in such a way that it attempted to reconcile traditional elements of Classicism with the Romanticism in architecture. Final avant-corps are accented, as well as the middle ones which contain a tympanum decorated with shallow relief sculpture. The ground floor is rusticated, whereas the first floor is divided by avant-corps set on shallow pilasters with cannulas. The base is extended and rectangular, with symmetric resolvable transversal design, where the main entrance and three-story monumental staircase are located in the centre. The arrangement of the window openings indicates the influence of Classicism. Conservation works were undertaken in the period of 1975–1976, humidity pro ection and moisture insulation in 1998, implementation of advance electrical installation in 1998-1999, and roof reconstruction and replacement of windows and guttering in 2001. The Old Administration Building was awarded the status of Cultural Monument of Great Importance in 1979.
The Old Administration Building currently houses Historical Archives, premises used by accounting management for all cultural institutions in Čačak, offices, depots and the Gallery of the National Museum Čačak. The building was used by the Court until 1967, and only a year later it was granted to Archive and the Museum. In 1980 the Museum opened the Gallery for temporary exhibitions. New reflectors were designed and installed in the Gallery in 1998-1999, while the marble floor was laid in 2008.